Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My First Day@Airtight Networks

I completed one year @Airtight Networks on 25th July, so i think i should start my blogs with my professional experience. My joining day at Airtight Networks was'nt actually the first day there as i had done my last semester six months internship at the same company. So first thing i would like to mention is that joining Airtight Networks proved to be a great decision given the options I had at that time (Amdocs and TCS). As i had worked here for the last six months, i knew most of the guys, work environment and most important of all, i knew it will give me the opportunity to do what i always wanted to do in college life. When i was in college, i was always fascinated about network security.Now as this company provides a WIPS (Wireless Intrusion Prevention System) solution, i was sure i will learn a lot about network protocols and their security.
So, i joined in Development team though i had done my internship in R&D. So i thought i will be getting some assignments from R&D also, whenever needed. To my surprise, the first assignment i had to work on was from R&D. Since then, I have worked on some development and some R&D project and it has been a great experience. The best thing about small product companies is that you get one of the sharpest minds here. I am lucky to have been working with these guys. I love to discuss with them, we have some brainstorming session and we have some fun sessions. I never felt like a new joinee right from the first day. Now to tell you, what all i have learnt in the past one year, I will start a technical blog soon :).

No comments:

Post a Comment