Monday, September 7, 2009

Lets go back in that time.....

I am Prabhash, 22 years old, a so called software engineer, living in one of the most happening cities of India, Pune, doing all those things which as a kid I used to dream about (no restrictions, hanging out with friends, night outs, parties for no reason and the list goes on....).
As I will be turning one year older (or should i say mature) today, I look back how i have spent these 23 years. Though its very difficult for anyone to decide what were the days you have enjoyed most in your life, one thing which I am very sure about is that no one forgets childhood days. My childhood days were the most interesting ones. Interesting, may be because i didnt even know what else was there which could entertain me, you see, I had a very little world, I knew very few people, they all were always around me and I loved it.

Whenever i think about the past, i am stuck at those times....I feel nostalgic. You wanna know what all things i remember from those days, here are some points..... may be you too will relate yourself with these things...

I did'nt live in some society and big apartments. But i remember my mohalla and calling mohalla walas as "mooch wale uncle" "upar wali aunty" ... "mannu didi" ... "Binno bhaiyya"....

I remember "bagal wale bhaiya" taking all little kids of mohalla to school. We all had to depend on him to take us safely to the school.

I remember playing games like Chhupan Chhupaai, Pakdam Pakdaai, unch-neech ,beech ka bichhoo, Chain-chain, pitthoo-phod , "Posham pa bhai posham pa, lal quile mein kya hua?...", ludo, saanp-seedhi, patte-pe-patta, 3-2-5, rummy".....

I remember the shows aired on DD1, Ham log, shanti, fauji, Byomkesh Bakhshi, The Jungle book, Swabhiman, Tehkikaat, The Reporter, Rangoli, Chitrahaar, Alif Laila....
And then i grew up a little, i remember calling off all games for Shaktiman, Captain Vyom, Chandrakanta ( Naugarh vijaygarh mein thi takrar, naugarh ka tha jo rajkumar, chandrakanta se karta tha pyar...).

I remember that "Pratap Inter College" ka field, where we used to play cricket. My few sixes had broken window glasses of some class-rooms. :)

I remember roads being deserted when it was time for Mahabhaaaarat, Ramayana.... No one could miss it. We too were told to watch all those mythical shows by our grandparents.

Ohhhhh, I remember my favourites..... " jumgle jungle baat chali hai pata chala hai, chaddi pahan ke fool khila hai phool khila hai", " gucche hain bhai gucche hain kahanio ke gucche hain, kahani lelo...", "Duck Tales, Oooo- Oooo"...

I remember people gathering in our room to watch TV shows, as we were first ones in the mohalla to have a TV. Having a TV that time was a luxury.

Ohhhh, talking about luxury items.... I remember telephone also. There was these long queues at the local STD-PCO after 9:00 .

I remember some shows of DD2, the Superhit Muqabla, the Rangoli, the Chitrahaar, the non-stop 24 hour channel, movies, the Regional language films, the late night English flicks from the 70s, the NFDC art films!

I remember jingles like : Munna, zara paas ki dukaan se namak toh le aa, Washing Powder Nirma ... , Lifebuoy hai jahan ... , Humaara Bajaj ... , Vicco Turmeric nahin Cosmetic ... , Babool babool paise wasool ... , Dhoondte reh jaaoge ... , Melody khaao khud jaan jaao ... , Coffee or toffee ... , Maggi hot and sweet tomato "chilli" sauce, its different ... , Asli masaale sach sach ... , Liril girls ... , Lux adverts ... , Haan bhai haan, Coldarin li? ... , Saatth saal ke boodhe ya saatth saal ke jawaan? ... , Raju tumhaare daant toh motiyon jaise chamak rahe hain ... , Bhala usski saaree meree saree se safed kaise? ... ,

I remember reading comics like Chacha Chaudhary, Billoo, Pinky. And yeah.... my favorite super commando dhruv, nagraj, parmanu.....and cant forget DOGA (jab sari duniya soti hai to doga jagta hai). I still read bankelal though :)

I remember The Cricket World cup of 1996, the Eden Gardens burning, Kambli crying ...

I remember Garmiyon ki chuttiyan!!! gaon ki trip (bus mein vo 4 ghante ka safar, hahaha!), last week mein holiday homework!

I remember gully cricket in the muhalla. Fighting for batting, and then howling when getting out ... and then when all else failed ... threatening to go away 'coz the bat was mine :)

I remember how much we enjoyed spreading rumours (some of them were not rumours though) of love affairs between the same didis and bhaiyyas of the mohalla.

I remember fighting over small things with my mohalla wala dost and saying things like...
a) haan be! lag gayi beta..... aa gaya mazaa?
b) haan saale, mat maan..... baad mein mat bolna maine bataya ni tha..
c) abe dekh ya to tu uske saath khel ya mere saath... :)
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

I know i have missed out a lot of things.... . If there is ANYTHING you feel I should have mentioned ... continue the list on the comments!!!!

2 comments:

  1. the ads..the tv shows...the books...it brought back memories of my childhood too :) thnx man! a lovely post it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chandrakanta.. chitrahar n chacha choudhary..
    dude (vapas) senti kar diya.. :)
    [ek aur dialog.. "nahi mai out nai hu (kyuki bat mera hai") :p]

    ReplyDelete